Monday, May 6, 2013

Cinnamon Twists

  This delicious, dainty treat is perfect for breakfast or with tea and today I'm having green tea.    This recipe is easy to prepare and would be perfect for kids to help with.  In fact I haven't made these in years, but after making them,  one of our sons said that "these are amazing", and my hubby said, "these are so good"!  You know,  I can make something completely from scratch and the simplest things get the raves!!   Here's the recipe:1/4 cup brown sugar2T. butter, softened1 t. cinnamon1 (8-oz) can crescent rollsGlaze3/4 cup powdered sugar1 T. butter1-2 T. hot waterIn a small bowl, combine first 3 ingredients.Separate crescent rolls into 4 rectangles, firmly press perforations to seal.Spread rectangles with sugar mixture. Top with remaining 2 rectangles. Cut each rectangles into 8 strips. Twist each strip several times and flatten on a greased cookie sheet, or onto parchment paper.Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.  Remove immediately onto wax paper.Mix together ingredients for the glaze. Glaze while twists are warm.Makes 16 twists. Here's my little gnome garden.  I wanted a fairy garden, but haven't found a tiny fairy yet.  In it are some blue pebbles from the $ Tree spilling out of a little blue bowl that my Mom sent me.  The birdhouse is perched in the back with an iron bench on the right with a bird bath with the frog.  I keep it outside on my patio, but the day was windy and chilly, so tea was inside!  I am sharing this with:   On the Menu MondayMake It Pretty MondayBlue MondayTea Time TuesdayInspire Me TuesdayFriends Sharing TeaFull Plate ThursdayShare Your CupTablescape ThursdayAnthing Blue FridayFoodie FridayFestive Friday FiestaWeekend PotluckSeasonal Sundays                                        Thanks for visiting me today!  xo         
Source:http://kittyskozykitchen.blogspot.com/2013/05/cinnamon-twists.html

Cinnamon Twists Images

Cinnamon Twists | Plank Road Stories
(639 x 426 - 103.58 KB - jpeg)

Cinnamon Twists & Parmesan Twists
(2592 x 1944 - 2.17 MB - jpeg)

Cinnamon Twists (recipe from Be Your Own Chef)
(2789 x 1859 - 795.50 KB - jpeg)

Cinnamon Twists Recipe | MyRecipes.com
(300 x 300 - 22.06 KB - jpeg)

No comments:

Post a Comment